University Paris Diderot – Paris 7
|English Name:||University Paris Diderot – Paris 7|
|Address:||5, rue Thomas Mann|
At the heart of the global network of knowledge and innovation, Université Paris Diderot is France’s leading multidisciplinary university.
With a recognized international standing, and a strategic portfolio of privileged academic partners throughout the world, it offers its 26,000 students state-of-the-art and innovative courses in the following fields:
– Arts, Humanities and Languages
– Human, Economic and Social Sciences
– Science and Technology
– Medicine and Dentistry.
1/ Degrees Undergraduate studies :
– 19 Bachelor’s programmes
– 8 Vocational Bachelor’s trainingprogrammes
2/ Graduates studies
– 32 Research & Professional Master’s programmes, offering over 110 specializations Postgraduates studies.
– 23 Doctoral programmes – Complete degree courses in Medicine and Dentistry
– 190 ‘in-house’ & relocated programmes DU (University Diploma), DIU (Inter-University Diploma), courses taught abroad, etc.).
Educational resources :
– Paris’s largest university library,complemented by several specialized departmental libraries – Language Resource Centre – Information Technology Resource Department.
Paris Diderot has 92 laboratories in Health, Sciences & Technology, Human & Social Sciences, Humanities and Languages all teamed up with France’s research agencies (CNRS, INSERM, CEA, INRIA, Institut Pasteur & IRD).
3.1/ Research & development
Paris Diderot conducts specific development-related activities: contracts, patents, licences, business incubators and start-ups, etc. It stimulates and encourages innovative technology transfers from research laboratories to the socio-economic world. Diderot Valorisation is a key player in the development of the university’s results in basic research.
3.2/ Doctoral studies
Paris Diderot’s research policy is based on high level doctoral programmes organised around an Institute of Doctoral Studies, which aims to:
– Promote the professional integration of doctors
– Raise their profile on the job market
– Enhance the careers of graduates
4/ International :
– Development of a few, high-profile ‘privileged’ partnerships (currently in South Korea, China, Vietnam, Argentina,& the United States).
– Implementation of dual-diploma programmes (joint PhDs cotutelles, European Master’s programmes, international courses, delocalized degrees, etc.).
– Mobility of teaching and research staff, students & administrative staff.
– Participation in the leading educational cooperation networks.
The excellence of its 100 – some Laboratories and 7 university hospitals, all teamed up with France’s research agencies (CNRS, INSERM, CEA, INRIA, Institut Pasteur and IRD), ranks ParisDiderot as a key player in international research.
The university has recently relocated its campus in a booming renovated district of central Paris, along the river Seine, near the French National Library, and plays an active role in the life of the new Paris Rive Gauche (Left Bank) area.